Set on the banks of one of the most romantic lakes in the world and just north of Milan, Villa d’Este, member of Leading Luxury Hotels, was built in 1568 as the summer residence of Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio. The property comprises 25 acres of gardens, whose statues and landscape have been photographed for centuries. The favorite playground of an Empress, an English queen and aristocrats, it was transformed into a luxury hotel in 1873.
Continuously renovated and updated, without sacrificing any of its heritage, Villa d’Este today offers 152 rooms, all different in decor but linked by the superior standards of hospitality that you expect from one of Europe’s truly legendary resorts. There are also four beautiful private villas – Villa Malakoff, Villa Cima, Villa Garrovo and the Mosaic House – located in the park of the Hotel: guests will enjoy all of the facilities an amenities of the Villa d’Este while maintaining the privacy and exclusivity that a private villa can offer.
Hotel Selling Points
- Historical XVI century villa transformed into a luxury hotel in 1873
- Only 45 minutes from Milan Malpensa Airport and less than 1 hour from Milan downtown
- 152 rooms and four private villas, all different and elegantly furnished with antiques, paintings, silks, and brocades
- Unique outdoor heated floating pool on the lake
- Award-winning Beauty Center providing the perfect oasis to replenish mind, body, and soul
- Sporting Club offering a full range of activities with indoor swimming pool, golf simulator, squash court, tennis courts, and state-of-the art equipped fitness room
- Top rated Italian cuisine at the formal Veranda restaurant, with its terrace directly overlooking the lake for unsurpassed al fesco dining experience
- The Grill and the Platano for more casual dining atmosphere
Rooms & Suites
Villa d’Este, consists in two beautiful palaces: The Cardinal Building and the Queen’s Pavilion. The 152 rooms, equipped with every comfort, are all differently and elegantly furnished with antiques, paintings and vintage prints, silks, brocades, velvets of rare preciousness and luxurious marble bathrooms. Some offer terraces and or balconies which take in the magnificent views of Como Lake, while other feature beautiful views of the Gardens.
Villa d’Este offers guests four magnificently renovated 19th century Villas located in the resorts 25-acre park. Villa Garrovo, Mosaic House, Villa Malakoff and Villa Cima offer from 1 to 6 bedrooms, with amenities ranging from housekeeping to full hotel services.
Double Deluxe Superior
Junior Suite Exclusive
Junior Suite Top
Size in m2/ft2
32/42 – 344/452
30/50 – 323/538
35/40 – 376/430
50 – 538
51/62 – 556/667
45/60 – 484/645
65/75 – 699/807
80/95 – 860/1022
108 – 1162
90 / 986
300 / 3200
700 / 7535
Restaurants & Bar
Veranda: Overlooks the lake and the gardens. Glassed-in or al fresco, this elegant Italian restaurant is the ideal setting for a romantic dinner by the lake and in summer tables are also set up on the terrace (jacket and tie are required for men in the evening).
Breakfast: 7:00am to 10:30am – Lunch: 12:15 pm to 2:15 pm
Dinner: 7:30pm to 9:45pm
Grill: Informal, yet the ambience is cozy and chic. The menu lists an interesting variety of regional dishes with a choice of the best Italian wines. In the Summer, meals are served in the garden under the century-old plane trees.
Open from 7:00pm to 11:30pm
Il Platano: This restaurant features simple and refined food, in a casual yet intimate atmosphere. Informal dinners are served either inside or on the beautiful recently restyled terrace that overlooks the lake and gardens.
Closed on Mondays. Open for dinner from 7:00pm to 11:00pm
Sundeck “Pool Bar”: Casual, it overlooks the sundeck and the floating swimming pool. Offers light lunches and snacks. Open daily from 10:00am to
Bar Canova: Open from 10:00am to midnight. Drinks and light snacks available in a refined ambiance with live music.
Terrace Bar: Lakeside drinks and snacks are served under chestnut trees amidst the scent of jasmine flowers.
Spa & Wellness
Beauty Center: Designed to make artful use of the blend of light, color, and water to create the proper environment for serenity and relaxation based on Zen philosophy, it features 6 treatment rooms. The Beauty Center offers a complete list of facial and body treatments whose aim ranges from pure relaxation to age-defying services
Fitness Center: State-of-the-art equipment is available in an air-conditioned room, personal trainers are available upon request.
Sporting Club: Featuring an indoor pool, sauna, Turkish Bath, squash court, golf simulator, putting green, outdoor pool, jogging trail, and 8 tennis courts. Water sports available in summer time.
Pools: 3 pools; unique floating pool on the lake with built-in Jacuzzi during the summer months, indoor pool, and kid’s pool located near the floating pool.
Services & Amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 24-hour Concierge
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
- Junior Club during summer months for kids
- Babysitting service on request
- Meeting rooms with state-of-the-art communication and audiovisual equipment
- Villa d’Este Gift Shop offering a wide range of products
- Private transportation and car rentals as well as boat rental with or without captain available at the concierge
- Villa d’Este Golf Course, beautifully designed 18-holes by Peter Gannon. Located just 7 miles from the hotel
- Rail reservations and the purchase of tickets, plane tickets, theatre tickets, and other events